Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wow , say it with me ...... W O W

Oh my goodness ,

I can not find another word for it,

How Wonderful can a town be, I am so amazed, and so so grateful for all the help and support , it is truly amazing.

The main reason why I'm doing all this is to get a small, yet very simple message out,

Get Checked, get a strange bump looked at, get an odd looking mole checked, This melanoma bugger can creep up on you really quick

I heard on the radio the other day, NZ's top Oncologist said we can get skin cancer in the winter, when the sun is being blocked by the cloud's, and in a very little time { like 6 minute's }

New Zealand has the worst Ozone in the world, we have no protection from it, and we should really be putting sun screen on every morning, lunch times, even if your driving your car, you can get it , windows up and all, It's so so nasty,

So please, please please, if you have time to read this, you have time to go to your GP and get checked, , Pleeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee, it may save your life, learn from my mistakes .

So what has the town done for me?,

The list is long , and it is getting longer, W O W is the first word I would use,

Here is what people have given me, us , { Bron and I }

Wedding venue: Bayview Wairakei Resort
Canapes, Dinner & Drinks: Bayview Wairakei Resort and Hancocks
Music: Pianist/DJ by Bayview Wairakei Resort or True Bliss by Keri Harper
Flowers: Bloomin flowers
Room decorations (chair covers): Action NZ
Invite design: Keri Harper (Pickle Design)
Invite printing: Quality print
Hair and Makeup: GHQ Hair
Nails: Polished
Wedding dress hire: Orchid Brides
Suit hire: Albert Pointons Menswear
Shoes: Shirleys Shoes ($100)
Rings: Michael Hill
Wedding transportation: Silver Service Limousines (Limo or Hot Rod)
Honeymoon: 2 nights at Bayview Chateau Tongariro
Extra: Champagne river cruise by Action NZ

  • Natasha Brasell has offered her services as a wedding celebrant.
  • Charmaine Marinkovic from Marinkovic photography has offered to take photos and provide a Queensberry wedding album valued at $500.00.
  • Kylie and Glenn from Huka Honda Racing has offered more V8 action at the Taupo MotorsportPark.
  • Martin Jones from the Taupo Gliding Club has offered a glider flight.
  • An anonymous donor has offered a night's accommodation at the Atrium in Mt Maunganui and dinner for Bronwyn and I.
  • A friend in Vanuatu has offered accommodation and the opportunity to go big game fishing.
  • Bevan Topp at Civic Video in Turangi has set up a collection box for me and challenges other businesses to do the same.
  • An anonymous donor has offered a significant cash sum to use for overseas spending money/rent for a workshop etc.
  • Robyn King from All About You Image Consulting has offered use of her Timeshare in Australia if we can get over there.
  • Morag and Shaye McCaughan have offered the use of their fastback 65 and 66 Mustangs for our wedding { I am so such a big fan of MUSTANGS }
  • Blue seventy has given me A Reaction swim wetsuit, A point Zero 3+ swim skin, some tee-shirts, a Gear Bag , and a Blue Seventy jacket, Made out of wetsuit material.
  • Air New Zealand has given us a return flights to Vanuatu
  • Kelly Tarltons are going to take me diving with their sharks!

so ....Say it with me , W O W , Wow, WOW

I am so so grateful for all the support to help me do my Bucket, Brendon From Classic hits has be amazing ,and so has Another special lady, who i will not mention her name till I speak to her, but I believe she has done a lot of work to help all this magic happen,

I can not thank people enough for there support, love and generosityThank you, thank you so so much ,

3 comments:

  1. Daz, youare truly a strong person weither you think it or not. Life can deal some pretty crap cards, butthe way i see it youcan either feel sorr for yourself or you can make difference in the time you have. You are definatly going to make a difference. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind and supporting word's word's Mr or Mrs Anonymous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your blog and think you are a true inspiration! Only a true man can ve this open and honesty about what you are going through. I hope you have the most amazing wedding AND marriage - may ALL your dreams come true! and you go get that bucket list ... do everything on it ... then write more and do those too!
    Aroha nui to you both
    Linda
    PS: A wintery Raglan sunrise from a kayak in the harbour surrounded by the fog is pretty amazing too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete